Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cash Back

i feel like posting a fun, uplifting entry. for no good reason, except that i'm in an exceptionally good mood this morning - again, for no particular reason. life is funny like that :)

i had to run into Rite Aid this morning, and received the BEST service from the clerk there. It was early, I was the first customer, and she could have been like I am on any given weekday morning - tired, quiet and edgy. but she didn't; she complimented me, made jokes, even made fun of me when i immediately pulled my debit card out of my wallet, out of habit, even though she had just told me that she was going to be giving me cash back instead... and as i left, i felt myself even walking lighter, a little bit happier to head off to work.

amazing - just a short exchange with someone i probably will never see again had the ability to possibly change the entire course of my day.

don't ever forget - you have the chance to be that person today - to someone in your life. it could be a customer you help, the barista at your coffee shop, someone you pass by in the hallway at school.

so, smile a little more. take your time. relax. and love the life you live. believe me, it shows. and it changes people.

on another note - ANTHEM is tonight.

service starts at 8p, but i'll be meeting a great friend for coffee early at Starbucks and will be there for pre-service at 7:15 if you'd like to join me (which you should; i'm a fun girl!)

No comments: