Monday, October 27, 2008

How I'm Blessed

Do you want to know how I know I’m blessed?

I’m blessed because in the midst of trial and tribulation, there is an inner peace in my heart that is never shaken. Ask me about it.

I’m blessed because my friends and family respect me enough to come to me for advice, even if they don’t ever take it. Ask them about it.

I’m blessed because I’m no longer a victim to my fears; any of them. God has taken my hand willfully enough, on many occasions, and led me straight into the fire that was raging in my mind – and I’ve come out refined. Ask Him about it.

I’m blessed because I have an amazing, and ever-expanding group of people in my life that love and encourage me always; for every friend I thought I had that has proven to be nothing more than an illusion, He shows me one more person that I may have taken for granted from time to time, that was waiting in the wings for me to overcome myself.

I’m blessed because just when it feels like I can’t take another step, I’m renewed. Again, and again, and again.

I’m blessed because when I can’t seem to find the words to say, He always does.

I’m blessed because I’ve finally embraced my passion; I’ve recognized when and how to fan the flames of this fire when it rages within me.

I’m blessed because just when I think no one understands who, or why, I am; I find a verse in the Bible, or in my favorite song, that reminds me otherwise. Read about it.

I’m blessed because I get IT. I have IT. I see IT. I love IT, and cannot live without IT.

I’m blessed because I can see how far I have to go… and just how far I’ve come.

No comments: