Thursday, March 5, 2009

Before I Go

I'm late in leaving work, but I just must say...

I threw away my stupid Demon Plant, and now I have nowhere now to get rid of my leftover water at the end of the day.

I think it's very cool that that rhymed.... in a off-beat kind of way (whoa, what?? Wow, I can't stop...)

But seriously, I have a stupid habit of collecting an assortment of cups filled with various liquids... all the live-long day. Water cups, half-empty coffee cups, soda cans, mugs of tea. At one point, a co-worker took all the cups out of various trash cans and put them all on my desk, just for a sweet Friday morning prank.

I am the Queen of Cups. I am trying to defy this title.

But I hate throwing away cups FULL of liquid into the trash... it's rude to the cleaners.

So, Demon Plant helped with Cup-control. I poured any cup with leftover water into him (yes, i was attempting to drown him and no, it never worked - once, I even poured Diet Coke in there and he just seemed to flourish over the following days)... and now he is gone.

...and the cups are gathering, yet again.

3 comments:

Unbreakable said...

lol well thats wuite funny, the soda maybe some sort of food for the plant, he was tired of plain old water everyday.you need to get a not so evil plant so u cant continue your collection habits lol

Abby said...

Ha! When I was younger, my mom used to get so angry when I'd put half-empty cups of soda, water, whatever in the fridge! I still have about 2-3 random cups lying around my apartment, so I guess some habits never change ;)

Rachel said...

ut seriously, I have a stupid habit of collecting an assortment of cups filled with various liquids... all the live-long day. Water cups, half-empty coffee cups, soda cans, mugs of tea

I do this too! It drives my boss completely insane, because he is a neat freak, and I...not so much, and by 5 PM, there's a whole bunch of cups all with about an inch of liquid. Oh, and usually seltzer cans.